Saturday 4 March 2017

THE RISALAH SHAFIYAH OF SIDI IDRIS AL-IRAQI (RA



THE RISALAH SHAFIYAH OF SIDI IDRIS AL-IRAQI (RA)
 
    As-Salam Alaykum,

    One of the blessed Tijani gifts I received in my last visit to Fas, Morocco was a book I was searching for many years now.

    This book is al-Risalah al-Shafiyah fi Fiqh al-Tariqah al-Ahmadiyyah al-Tijaniyyah by the last learned muqaddam and Imam of the Grand-Zawiyah, Sidi Idris al-Iraqi (RA).

    Al-Humdulillah, during my  last visit, I got this book from someone whom I did not approach but he himself  approached me in the Zawiyah of our Master Shaykh Ahmad al-Tijani (RA).

    Subhan-Allah! I considered it a gift from the Shaykh (RA).

    The work is Sidi Idris's masterpiece on the Tariqah, and its thousand pages, spread over two volumes are filled with many rare jewels and diamonds of our Path. Information only a man like Sidi Idris (RA) could have, as he was the Imam of the Zawiyah for 40 years, and before him was his father Sidi Abid for 40 years. And his grandfather was a companion of Shaykh al-Tijani (RA) himself.

    Sidi Idris al-Iraqi (RA) had the Ijazah of taqdim from Shaykh Ahmad Sukayrij (RA). When he was appointed the Imam of the Grand-Zawiyah (in the 1940's), he wrote to Mawlana Shaykh Ibrahim Niasse (RA) to also give him spiritual permission for this Imamat. His original letter is still preserved in Medina-Baye.

    In Sha Allah! We hope to share the knowledge from this blessed book. For now, I just mention one extract.

    Was-Salam

    Servant of the Tijani Door
   Fakhruddin bin Ahmad al-Tijani
    Nov 7, 2012.
Sidi Idris al-Iraqi (son)
Sidi al-Abid al-Iraqi (father)

No comments:

Post a Comment